- £250k to a church based in East London which is buying a new building which will be its permanent home – we are the junior lender with a commercial bank providing investment of circa £1.5m.
- £190k to a Company Ltd By Shares that provides alternative education and day care services for people with a learning disability – our investment will fund some capital improvements to their building and cash flow cover as they grow the number of users.
- £563k to a national Mental Health Charity to refinance an existing loan, provide cash flow cover as they grow services and purchase a commercial company which will provide employment opportunities for users whilst generating profits for the parent charity.
- £257k to a Housing Association to replace revenue lost due to Covid.
- £257,500 to a Company Ltd By Shares which uses a Craft Brewery to provide training and employment opportunities to Offenders / Ex-Offenders – the loan is being used for working capital as well as investment in sales and marketing as they look to grow the business.
- A total investment of £100,000 (£50k loan and £50k grant) to a small organisation in East London that works with young people with the investment being used to employ new staff.
- A loan of £250k to a Contemporary Arts Centre to provide development capital as they restructure their staff team and implement a new commercial strategy.
- A loan of £150k to an award-winning Documentary Film Festival to help with cash flow as they return to in person delivery after Covid.
- £1m to an award-winning charity that supports people experiencing homelessness by providing training and housing.
The Recovery Loan Fund in action
SPID Theatre used the Recovery Loan Fund (RLF) with Flexible Finance to finance the renovation of the theatre and to increase green space near their facility.
Contento Homes used the Recovery Loan Fund (RLF) with Flexible Finance to purchase their first property, which is used as a permanent refuge home for women facing homelessness.
Project Cosmic saw the Recovery Loan Fund (RLF) as an opportunity to rapidly scale up their organisation and increase their ability to provide digital skills training in Devon.