Liverpool City Region Impact Fund
What is the fund?
The Liverpool City Region Impact Fund (LCRIF) offers loans to charities and social enterprises based in the Liverpool City Region and its surrounding areas, helping them to grow and scale up their economic and social impact in their communities.
The £2m fund is financed in equal part by Social Investment Business and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) 2007-13 programme.
Who is it for?
Charities and social enterprises based in the Liverpool City Region: i.e. Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral.
What can I apply for?
The fund offers unsecured loans of between £50,000 - £250,000 with repayment terms up to 5 years and competitive interest rates based on risk and affordability (to date this has ranged from 5-8%).
“Without this investment we would not have been able to expand our services…Working with a social investor who understood what we’re trying to do has really helped us.”
Michelle Faulkner, Director, The Rare Trust
Read their story here.
Am I eligible?
The programme is open to charities and social enterprises that…
- operate and are based out of the Liverpool City Region
- are legally constituted and set up primarily for social benefit
- are able to repay the loan (with interest) within five years
- can provide a viable business plan linked to using and repaying the loan
- can evidence that they cannot finance their proposal through mainstream or commercial investors
- can demonstrate that their proposal will contributre to the economic growth of the LCR by growing the organisation, creating and safeguarding employment and delivering social value.
How do I apply?
If you have a question about the application process or would like to discuss the fund in more detail, please contact:
Christian Stannard: email@example.com.