Pioneer and Prosper
What is the fund?
Pioneer and Prosper (P&P) is a two-year pilot programme that will support a small number of ambitious charities and social enterprises with a repayable grant and support to help them to increase their social impact, raise investment, grow their business and become more financially resilient.
Who is it for?
The programme is for charities and social enterprises tackling social problems amongst disadvantaged communities:
- To enable them to break through the barriers to growth and deliver social impact
- To enable them to increase the number of beneficiaries and/or social impact in the communities they serve.
What can I apply for?
- Funding of between £10,000 - £25,000 through a Revenue Participation Agreement* to support enterprise activity and enable the organisation to become more resilient and sustainable
- Business support from skilled and experienced Relationship Managers (e.g. putting together a cashflow forecast, marketing plan or writing your business plan)
- Pro Bono legal support where this is essential to the application
- Follow-on funding from other Social Investment Business programmes.
Should you wish to apply for more than £25,000 you will need to contact us to discuss details of your investment needs prior to applying on 020 3096 7900.
Am I eligible?
The programme is open to charities and social enterprises that operate in England and…
- Have an income between £10,000 and £10,000,000 and have been established for 12 months or more
- Have the ambition to grow the proportion of their income from trading activities
- Deliver social impact and seek to grow and scale over the coming years
- Have a clear social mission and mainly reinvest surpluses into pursuing this mission
- Are looking to implement a social mission lock or have an asset lock in place
- Distribute less than 50% of post-tax profits.
*Please see the Guidance attachment for more information.
How do I apply?
The deadline for applications has now passed.