What is it?
Enterprise Learning supports charities and social enterprises in England working in either the homelessness or youth sector to develop or grow their enterprising activity and earned income. The programme offers business support and expert guidance.
It is part of the wider Enterprise Development Programme, a five year, £40m programme funded by Access - The Foundation for Social Investment and managed by a coalition of partners. Enterprise Learning is led by The School for Social Entrepreneurs.
Who is it for?
Leaders of established charities and social enterprises, working in these sectors:
Enterprise Learning will support you to:
- develop your income from trading (earned income)
- lead a team for diversification and growth
- overcome strategic challenges
- build a support network of peers and experts
What can I apply for?
- A leadership programme: 8+ days of learning for CEOs and directors
- Peer-learning and expert support
- A Match Trading™ grant of up to £10,000
There is no cost to you at any point, thanks to support from Access – The Foundation for Social Investment.
Organisations that apply for Enterprise Learning can also apply to Enterprise Grants.
Am I eligible?
You could be right for Enterprise Learning if you:
- Are a CEO or director of a charity or social enterprise based in England
- Support young people or people experiencing homelessness
- Are established and growing: typically total annual income will be £50,000 or more for youth organisations or £100,000 or more for homelessness organisations – that’s your total income from all sources, including grant, donation, trading and other sources. (If you’re generating less feel free to contact Amber below)
- Want to increase and develop new income from trading.
How do I apply?
Applications are now closed for this programme (Wednesday 31st October 2018). You can contact programme manager Amber Sorrell on 0207 089 9120 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Where else can I get support?
If you are working in homelessness or youth but think you aren’t yet ready to apply for a grant you can contact either Homeless Link, UK Youth, or the Centre for Youth Impact for further support.
If you aren’t working in homelessness or youth, the websites below may be able to help you find out about other support you might be eligible for;