We've partnered with the Big Lottery Fund in Scotland to provide business support to empower the people that support their communities through the provision of their grant-funded services.
Whether you're in the process of applying for a grant or have already received one, we may be able to link you up with an independent business advisor who can enable you to make great things happen through one to one and group support and mentoring.
Type of support provided includes:
- Business planning
- Financial management
- Good governance
- Policy development
- Controls & best practice
- Trading & income generation
Find out how Belville Community Garden Trust received a business health check from us to make sure their exciting plans for growth were sustainable.
"The support we've received from SIB has been invaluable to me personally as Head of Service and to the Board of Directors. I wasn’t aware that Big Lottery Fund provided such a support to organisations but I’m so glad you did. I really appreciate it.”
- Building a Sustainable Social Enterprise Sector in Scotland: Action Plan 2017 - 2020 - The Scottish Government's plan to stimulate social enterprise, build stronger organisations and realise market opportunity.
- SCIOs: A Guide - Guidance on Scottish charitable incorporated organisations for charities.
- Good Governance - OSCR's information page for Scottish charity trustees.
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) - the membership organisation for Scotland’s charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises.
- Scottish Government's Policy on Supporting Business
- Business Gateway - free business support services and resources for organisations in Scotland.
Find out more
If you are interested in support, please get in touch directly with your funding officer or contact us.