Community Investment Fund
What is the fund?
The Community Investment Fund aims to improve the quality of life of vulnerable and disadvantaged people, and to enhance community engagement and cohesion by empowering people to develop locally-determined solutions to challenges and opportunities.
Who is it for?
Community-based, charities and social enterprises which provide essential support and services to improve its local area’s sense of community, economy and the lives of its residents.
What can I apply for?
Loans and quasi-equity between £250,000 - £1 million are available. Interest rates start from 4%. Start-up capital is not included.
Am I eligible?
The programme is open to charities and social enterprises that…
- are community-led and have a neighbourhood focus (please note we do not provide start-up capital)
- are based and have operations in England
- have a clear social mission with significant measurable, direct outcomes
- have a strong management with proven capability to deliver
- have a robust business plan and financial projections
- can clearly demonstrate how their investment repayment will be made
- have good corporate governance
How do I apply?
Visit the SASC website to download and complete an Expression of Interest form.